Wednesday, July 12, 2006

I've Got A Secret

I was driving back to LA last night when I heard Brother Michael Dimond interviewed on the radio. He's a Catholic (or at least claims to be) who essentially believes the Church has been run by Satan since Vatican II.

Now I don't get involved in these disputes, they're none of my business. But he seemed to be claiming the reason the third secret of Fatima hasn't been revealed is that it would show the modern Church is heretical. Perhaps I misunderstood him, but hasn't the Church revealed the secret (if belatedly)? I mean, I even read about it in The New York Times a few years back.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, you're right: the Catholic church did reveal the Fatima secret.

One common claim among the "Traditionalist Catholic" groups is that the true secret was not revealed, or some variation on that theme. I see no reason to think this, but if doubt were raised the only real "proof" that the real secret was revealed was that one of the three Fatima seers was still alive in 2000 when the Vatican publicized the secret, and she agreed that this was the true secret.

Of course, one is free to suppose that she was senile or was being blackmailed and that The Truth Is Out There. Or, of course, if you doubt that the actual events at Fatima were supernatural, then the secret would be a fraud or hallucination or self-deception.

You also implicitly question whether Michael Dimond should be called "Catholic". By the usual definition, he wouldn't be, since that term usually refers to those Christians who are still in communion with the bishop of Rome. But the "Traditionalist Catholics" usually claim that they are the true Catholics, while the recent popes are satanists and/or freemasons. So I guess it depends on who owns the word!

11:29 PM, July 11, 2006  
Blogger LAGuy said...

Actually, the guy had an explanation about the woman who had the visions. He claimed the real Lucia had been murdered and replaced.

12:39 AM, July 12, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, now it all makes sense. See you later; I'm off to join his church!

1:00 PM, July 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter