Sunday, December 17, 2006

It Was A Very Good Year

Over at his website my friend Jesse Walker lists his favorite movies. Not of this year, since he hasn't seen enough, but of 10 years ago.

I was taken by all the great films of 1996. Jesse lists 20 films (I've only seen 14 of them) and at least five are better than anything I've caught so far in 2006. Which ones? Breaking The Waves, Conspirators Of Pleasure, Flirting With Disaster, Schizopolis and Welcome To The Dollhouse.

Then there are several others that would probably make my top ten list if released this year: Citizen Ruth, I Shot Andy Warhol, Kingpin and Microcosmos. I also like Forgotten Silver, Paradise Lost and When We Were Kings. (I love Bring The Pain too, but it's not a movie.)

Will 2006 look this good in retrospect? No, it won't.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So I guess you didn't like Fargo.

11:02 AM, December 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter