Monday, February 26, 2007

Oscar's Top Ten

I'm not going to comment on last night's Oscars. Kinda dull, no real surprises, what is there to say?

Over at Rotten Tomatoes, however they're listing all the Best Picture Oscar winners ever from top to bottom according to how the critics rated them. Here are the top ten:

1. The Godfather
2. On The Waterfront
3. All About Eve
4. Sunrise (A bit of a cheat since it won a special best picture Oscar in the first ceremony, while Wings won the regular Best Picture Oscar.)
5. Rebecca
6. Marty
7. The Best Years Of Our Lives
8. Lawrence Of Arabia
9. The Godfather II
10. Casablanca

I thought I'd make my own top ten list, but going over the winners, I realized how few of them I truly love. Nevertheless, here's my list.

1. Annie Hall
2. The Godfather
3. It Happened One Night
4. Sunrise (I'm cheating, too)
5. Casablanca
6. The Sting
7. Rocky
8. The Godfather II

For the last two, it's some mix of The Lost Weekend, Grand Hotel, The Best Years Of Our Lives, All About Eve, The Apartment, Kramer Vs. Kramer and Schindler's List.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here you have my top in case you're interested
www.w3top.org

4:57 AM, February 26, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm. This looks suspiciously like spam.

SWMBCg, etc.

6:37 AM, February 26, 2007  
Blogger QueensGuy said...

Nothing gets by you, Cg. What's the B stand for, anyway?

9:05 AM, February 26, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter