Thursday, March 08, 2007

Hooda thunk it

Well, what have we? It's only a modest stretch (well, a moderate stretch) to call the Ninth Circus clowns, but one has to have respect for the esteemed Volokh.

Add to that that the guy was filming, and has become the hero of, a bunch of leftist lunatics.

And yet here I am, thinking he has a point: ""There was a trust established between people involved in the organization that I was covering and myself . . . that what I chose to release was what I chose to release, and that I wasn't an investigator for the state."

LAGuy and QueensGuy and NewEnglandGuy and God knows how many other guys could do a fine job explaining why Volokh and the circus are right.

Still, a piece of me wants to say, "%$@#! the Man!", ya know what I mean?

QueensGuy says: Oh, do I ever. Gotta love the casual mention of the final burial place of the Tenth Amendment:

but in an unusual move, federal prosecutors took over the arson case from state authorities on grounds that San Francisco's police department receives funding from Washington.

I too received funding from Washington. In college, in the form of a Pell Grant. Screw with me and you'll wind up in John Gotti's 23 1/2-hour-a-day solitary cell, bucko.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, I don't know what you mean, because as usual you talk about something without telling us what it is. How about a self-contained piece for a change?

6:01 PM, March 08, 2007  
Blogger QueensGuy said...

That's the thing about our ColumbusGuy. He pretty much requires that you RTFA thoroughly. Tu sabes, ése?

7:35 PM, March 08, 2007  
Blogger ColumbusGuy said...

Is that you Professor Epstein? I'll never forget my property grade: "Smart, but chaotic."

3:14 AM, March 09, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter