Monday, March 05, 2007

How's her Christopher Walken?

So Hillary's adopting a southern accent for the southern folk. I look forward to Boston.

ANd I can't wait to here her Bill Clinton impersonation. Oh, wait, we're already hearing that one.

UPDATE: QueensGuy spanks me for taking President Mrs. Bill Clinton out of context. Doubtless it was unfair of me to imply she was a fraud. What rely fries my grits, though, is that he doesn't have the cojones to come out here on the main page and do it. C'mon, QueensGuy, get yourself a color and come out front with the, er, adults.

1 Comments:

Blogger QueensGuy said...

IIRC, she was quoting someone, or finishing the sentence after quoting someone. Of course, trying to use others' accents for that is a mighty risky game. Too easy to slide into caricature or be taken out of context [ahem].

I think her flat, generic-midwestern intonations and affect are probably her biggest liability as a public speaker. Though the cure is usually worse than the disease. (See Gore, Albert circa 2000.)

8:15 AM, March 05, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter