Friday, March 23, 2007

Watching This American Life

I just watched This American Life on TV. I'm a big fan of the radio show, and, like so many others, was afraid it would lose its soul when put on TV.

I'm happy to report it mostly works. It's not quite as special as the radio version, but they've adapted--they're not simply adding pictures to a radio story. It's a little arty (not unlike the aural versio) but they don't overdo it.

The first show did two bits I'd heard before (I don't know if they plan to do TV-only stories), and it did add something to see what was being talked about. People say nothing matches the vision you have in you rmind. That may be true, but this is documenaty, and there's nothing wrong with seeing the real thing.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not bad, but it still falls short. The radio shows fills a gap, but there's no need for this show to exist on TV.

2:46 PM, March 24, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter