Sunday, June 10, 2007

Don't Stop Believin'

Obscure (but still a) spoiler alert

Take that, all you wimps who need closure.

LAGuy objects: Hey, New England Guy, doesn't post anything until the West Coast has had its chance.

New England Guy ripostes: I'm sorry if what I thought was an obscure reference posted 7 minutes before the episode aired in the West Coast harmed anyone's enjoyment. I wasn't thinking about the time zone difference. That being said, this episode was unsatisfying in a very satisfying way. All of the sudden Journey seems deep (at least it did during the five times I heard it during my three hour drive up to Maine this morning)- something I never would've thought possible. (PS I think it was the Russian sitting at the counter)

LAGuy replies: I was planning to watch the show after the Tonys. I was afraid spoilers would be all over the internet, so I went to what I figured was a safe haven, and, in one easily readable sentence, you gave away the ending. (By the way, a lot of people claimed the trucker in a nearby booth was Robert Patrick, but that's nonsense.)

New England Guy changes the subject: There are a lot revisionists today stating that the episode did provide closure in some kind of deeper fuzzy kind of way. I do like the idea that multiple interpretations exist as to what they were getting at. Its not accidentally confusing- its deliberately vague. Enraging the fans at the end was one way to make sure it lives on. Would the show be half so interesting if it weren't for all the superliterate types talking and writing about it?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who is Robert Patrick?

7:47 PM, June 11, 2007  
Blogger LAGuy said...

Robert Patrick is an actor probably best known as the T-1000 in Terminator 2, but he had a major role in the Sopranos as David Scatino, a friend of Tony. He ends up owing Tony money and can't afford to pay. Tony takes over his business and bankrupts him.

7:56 PM, June 11, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter