Thursday, August 09, 2007

I Always Wanted To Hear That

I live in a reasonably nice neighborhood. I walk around at night, unafraid. And the houses and apartments I can see from my window are very nice (if way too expensive).

So I was a bit surprised last night when I heard this megaphone announcement from across the street: "Apartment 5, [name of person which I couldn't make out], this is the Los Angeles Police Department. Come out with your hands up."

The whole idea of "come out with your hands up" is such classic Hollywood, I've often wondered if anyone said it in real life. Actually, I do live in Hollywood, so maybe it doesn't count.

By the way, they blocked off the street and repeated the announcement about five times. Alas, there was no gunplay, so I assume he gave himself up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter