Sunday, August 05, 2007

My Word II

There's a Scrabble website I check out regularly. It shows a board and the latest seven letters chosen. The reader has to figure out the best word to play. It updates twice daily.

The highest game so far has been 1011 total points--with 100 tiles to play, that means more than ten points per. The highest single play they ever had was "vi(s)io(n)ed"--the S and N were blanks that can be used for any letter--worth 140 points. It was played across two triple-word scores, so the points were multiplied by 9, and using all letters meant a 50-point bonus.

I get a feeling these records will soon be flying out the window.

Right now, it's a wide open board. Already, on the second play, "chateaux" was available for 113 points, and that was followed by another bingo, "absenter" ("banters" didn't have the double double-word score).

So here's the scene. One the left side of the board, F has three spaces above it and four spaces below it to get to the triple word scores. Same for K on the right. On the bottom, there are four spaces, then D, then three spaces to get to the triple word scores. The letters in the rack are N, E, E, O, R, O, V. What do you play?

I'll give you a second to think about it.

Don't look down if you don't want to know my answer.







Okay, here goes. I don't know about you, but I would play OVERDONE on the bottom. Including the double letter score on the R, and the two triple word scores, I believe this nets 167 points.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter