Thursday, April 10, 2008

Two Years Later

Almost two years ago reader Lawrence King replied to a post about Pat Roberston with this:

Well, I probably shouldn't say it, but I just can't help it: It's nice to belong to a church whose leader is cleverer than Robertson. I just can't picture Pat in this picture.

He linked to philosopher Jurgen Habermas meeting with Pope Benedict.

So I have one question. What do you think of Pope Benedict's upcoming meeting with Robertson when he visits America?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ummm.... are you joking?

I can't find this on nytimes.com or cnn.com. But it doesn't sound as if you are making it up....

Will Robertson appear in some large gathering with the pope?

In any event, I don't really have much of an opinion about it. The pope wants to meet with leaders of other churches and other faiths on this trip, so if Robertson will be there in that context it seems reasonable, as long as it's a large gathering. If, on the other hand, he is meeting Robertson as if he is the formal representative of all the evangelicals in the USA, that would be silly.

3:12 AM, April 10, 2008  
Blogger LAGuy said...

I'm not making it up. Robertson will be among a small group of Christian leaders who will meet with the Pope.

10:03 AM, April 10, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter