Friday, August 01, 2008

Lost Snap

Some Lost fans have complained (SPOILERS) that it makes no sense that Jack Shephard would hide the truth about the island the Oceanic Six were on, but a talkbacker over at Ain't It Cool News called "INWOsuxRED" had a pretty good response, explaining what he'd have to say if he didn't lie:

"Hi, I just got off a magic island. Yes, I have no proof, and couldn't possibly help you find that island. I know you found my plane and all the passengers dead, but they actually didn't die. That was a fake plane crash to make it LOOK like we were dead...yes, I did say magic. What is so strange about that? There was this guy who couldn't walk and then when he got to the island he COULD walk again. No, he decided to stay there because he loves it there, so obviously I have no proof about him either. Yes there is a monster on the island, it is made out of smoke and chases people. It killed the pilot. Then for a while we found this hatch in the ground and we had to push a bunch of buttons or the world would get blown up. Then we stopped pushing the button and the sky turned colors. Did the sky turn colors out here? No? Okay, well it must have only happened on the magical island. Oh, there is also another island across from our island. You probably won't be able to find that one either, even though the whole world has been mapped. What do you mean you think I'm crazy??? I haven't even gotten to the part where they kept us in polar bear cages and blackmailed me to perform spine surgery!"

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think Jack knows Locke was paralyzed.

3:38 AM, August 01, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

While it would be hard to explain the island, I have always thought that there is some still-to-be-revealed reason why he lies (and tells everyone else to lie). Something that happened as they were getting ready to leave, but that we still don't know. Someone that he is protecting, as he is wont to do.

10:52 PM, August 05, 2008  
Blogger LAGuy said...

Could very well be. There are secrets behind everything on the show. (Some hastily conceived after the fact, I think.) But plenty of people see the scene earlier between Locke and Jack, followed by the miracle of the island, and the thing that convinced him.

1:24 AM, August 06, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter