Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Hi Bob

I recently listened to Bob Newhart's I Shouldn't Even Be Doing This!. Sure, there's a book, but Newhart is a famed monologist, so I figured the book on tape was preferable.

One thing shocked me. He discussed growing up in a two-team town, Chicago. Some were Cubs fans, some White Sox fans. Newhart grew up on the west side (near Oak Park) and was a Cubs fan. But then he mentioned where they played. He said the Cubs were in Wrigley Field and the White Sox in U. S. Cellular Field. Maybe he was trying to sound up-to-date, but every baseball fan knows the White Sox played for decades--including all of Bob Newhart's childhood--in Comiskey Park.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My guess is that his publisher/editor employed a recent English major grad as a fact checker....

3:56 AM, January 28, 2009  
Blogger QueensGuy said...

Mine is that as a Cub's fan, he's taking a dig at the White Sox.

8:48 AM, January 28, 2009  
Blogger QueensGuy said...

p.s. I hate the fact that we can't edit once the comments are published. That incorrect apostrophe will drive me nuts for an hour now.

8:49 AM, January 28, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter