Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Dead End

Perhaps there'll be Heroes spoilers ahead, if such a thing is possible.

I think I watch Heroes these days as a reflex more than anything else. They don't seem to be able to get any momentum with what should be a good plot--being fugitives. All we saw was them running a bit, stopping, wasting time drawing pictures to tell us what's going to happen (I'd rather have them decide their destinies), go back, stand around a while and end up with everyone moping. And all this could have been accomplished without a plane crash, so the previous hour was also a waste.

And did they kill Daphne? I couldn't even tell. It seemed like they did, but they skipped over it so quickly I find it hard to believe it's the end (even though the producers have promised a major character will die). I'd finally come around to liking her, too. Heroes has a history of killing off most of its cute gals--I wonder if that's in the contract of Ali Larter or Hayden Panettiere?

Every now and then the characters refer to what happened in earlier episodes. They should stop this, since they change so often they should treat anything before this latest chapter started as non-canonical.

My only hope for the show, and it's not much, is Bryan Fuller. He's taken over as producer, but I hear his episodes won't be on until later this month. So Heroes gets a reprieve.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter