Friday, February 20, 2009

Living In The Past

I was in a convenience store and the clerk was reading Watchmen. We discussed it a bit. It made me wonder how big the opening weekend will be. I mean it's popular, but it's nowhere near as well known as superheroes like Batman or Superman or even Iron Man.

For a while it looked uncertain, but the movie version will be opening in two weeks. I read it about 20 years ago. The clear got me thinking maybe I should look at it again. I hear the film follows the comic closely. Will reading it ruin the story?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is like the 3d or 4th Watchmen post with somewhat measured enthusiasm- Are you praising with faint damning?

6:57 AM, February 20, 2009  
Blogger LAGuy said...

You're giving me too much credit. I just write what strikes me on any given day, and here was a guy reading Watchmen.

I don't have high hopes for the movie since, in general, highly faithful adaptations of graphic novels don't seem to work. On top of that, I'm not sure the story would work in movie form in general.

11:28 AM, February 20, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter