Thursday, May 21, 2009

Ted Not Dead

A lot of surprising renewals at the networks.

I first caught Better Off Ted because it was the lead-in to Lost. I like the premise--a satire on both business and science--but I still don't think it's quite there, yet. On the other hand, I do feel it's moving in the right direction. Glad to see ABC did the right thing.

(On the other hand, it's official--Sarah Connor has been terminated. Also, My Name Is Earl is off NBC, though it may be picked up elsewhere.)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll take Ted over Scrubs. ABC is trying to get back into comedy, but they don't have a clear night for it on their schedule.

2:40 AM, May 21, 2009  
Blogger New England Guy said...

But V is back. According Troy Patterson at Slate, the original was a parable about fascism (I thought it was about Lizards in rubber masks taking over the world so they could eat people) Here's hoping the new series opts for kitsch over ideology (who will play the Howard K. Smith role?)

6:04 AM, May 21, 2009  
Blogger QueensGuy said...

Sigh. I loved Sarah Connor Chronicles. I haven't been this disappointed since they canceled My So Called Life.

11:41 AM, May 21, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter