Friday, June 19, 2009

William Shat

I just finished listening to William Shatner's biography "Up Till Now" While its abridged at 6 hours from the written version, I have to think listening to Shatner read it (OK talk it) directly is more evocative than perhaps his words on a written page. It's hilarious, both intentionally and unintentionally (I think). Seamlessly (cluelessly?) segues from horribly personal and tragic stories to dumb jokes to ridiculous self-absorption. (He spends a lot of time on his nude scene with Angie Dickinson) Couldn't turn it off. A must-hear

I was thinking about posting on it but it sort of speaks for itself- then I saw he went apeshit on Conan the other night I'm loyal to Dave so I missed this- did any of the other guys see it? what's up?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't this about the fifth time Shatner's written a book about his life?

3:31 PM, June 19, 2009  
Blogger LAGuy said...

I caught the appearance. It was pretty funny. The article gives a wrong impression if anyone reading it thinks Shatner went too far and Conan was offended. They were both being silly. It actually started with Conan mocking Shatner for useless hand gestures while he was telling his story.

BTW, I have a post on Shatner's appearance going up tomorrow. I wrote it two days ago, but I guess it's still timely.

3:52 PM, June 19, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter