Saturday, September 05, 2009

A Band Apart

From The New York Times:

The Beatles: Rock Band is nothing less than a cultural watershed, one that may prove only slightly less influential than the band’s famous appearance on “The Ed Sullivan Show” in 1964. By reinterpreting an essential symbol of one generation in the medium and technology of another, The Beatles: Rock Band provides a transformative entertainment experience.

In that sense it may be the most important video game yet made.


It goes on in this worshipful vein. I'm a big fan of The Beatles, and I'm glad their Rock Band simulacrum is coming out next week, but really, this is a bit much.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tell ya, this is gonna make the Beatles.

9:55 AM, September 05, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was born blind.

I purchased "The Beatles: Rock Band".

Now I can see.

10:29 AM, September 05, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter