Saturday, October 31, 2009

Promise Fulfilled?

Earlier this month I bemoaned Anne Hathaway dropping out of a potential revival of Promises, Promises. Now the cast has been announced. Sean Hayes is still the lead, but he'll be appearng opposite Broadway stalwart Kristin Chenoweth.

I don't know. Kristin has a huge following, and has proved herself before, but still. Anne Hathaway would have offered a zing to the part, not to mention a certain star quality, that I don't think Chenoweth can presently pull off.

But we'll see. The star is still the show. If it holds up, and they do it right, no reason it can't run a long time.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get a life.

3:50 PM, November 04, 2009  
Blogger LAGuy said...

That's not very nice.

11:48 PM, November 04, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry. I disagree with everything you said about Cheno. I of course am a fan. And I think she'll be great in the show.

5:18 PM, November 09, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And Kristin Chenoweth is the best so I wish you would have said something nicer about her being cast in the show.

10:33 PM, November 09, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And you're not very nice either, the way you talked about Kristin Chenoweth, considering I still disagree with you about it.

2:43 PM, November 10, 2009  
Blogger LAGuy said...

I think Kristin Chenoweth is very talented. I just don't think, considering the part, that she'll bring to the show what Anne Hathaway would bring. On the other hand, I think she makes a far better Sally in You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown than Anne Hathaway would.

11:10 PM, December 22, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter