Sunday, March 21, 2010

Breaking Good And Bad

Oh boy, new Breaking Bad tonight. I recently rewatched season 2, and it held up. The show has gotten pretty dark, though, and I'm not sure where they can go from here. But then, it was pretty dark in the pilot, and things kept getting worse.

Just one note. After watching everything a second time, all the stuff with the main plot--the travails of Walt and Jesse--were fine. On the other hand, the story of Hank on his own, not quite so fine. And the story of Sklyer on her own, no fun at all.

I realize the show is more than Walt cooking meth and all the trouble surrounding that, and that creator Vince Gilligan wants to flesh out all the characters, but I'd recommend they stick with their strengths. I've got nothing against Skyler and Hank, but they're more interesting when trying to deal with the disastrous trail of Walt's good intentions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter