Friday, June 04, 2010

Baseball News

(from mlb.com)

"Pirates' plan is to acquire talent from Draft"

(Apparently having given up on their 17 year strategy of acquiring guys who couldn't play)

There is still hope for the Pirates, as (I think) I heard mentioned on the radio last, they tend to do well in games where they score more runs than their opponents (In fact they're undefeated)

Thank god for Jim Joyce, 3 perfect games in 30 days would have devalued the perfect game. I think more people will remember Galarraga for this than if he had just been the last guy in the 2010 trio. Bud Selig refusing to overturn the call is evidence that even a broken clock is right occasionally

Replay has no place in baseball. Its a football-thing where they get all anal about precision. Baseball is about human judgment and arguments. Refer to George Carlin

OK- maybe they can use it in that variant of baseball they play in DH- league.

Junior Griffey could have retired 10 years ago and gone to the HOF. The last decade probably will cost him some votes (he'll get 97% instead of 99%).

I have attempted to attend 3 minor league baseball games in my life and all 3 were rained out after I got to the park. My enduring memory of minor league baseball is wet nachos under a grandstand. I just got tickets to see the Portland Seadogs. If you going to be in Maine on July 22, bring your umbrella

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Replay makes more sense in baseball than football, where refs deserve more leeway. In fact, I look forward to the day that machines replace umpires.

2:42 AM, June 06, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter