Thursday, July 08, 2010

It's An Honor Just To Be Nominated

The Emmy nominations will be announced early this morning. There's actually enough good stuff on these days that the TV Academy will probably nominate some deserving names just by random.

Though Lost had its weakest season, I'd like to see the show nominated for old time's sake. It won best drama for its first season, why not make it a bookend? Mad Men always gets nominated, and I can't argue, though it would be nice to see Breaking Bad get its due.

For best comedy, I'm tired of seeing 30 Rock or The Office every year. Maybe they deserve a slot, but how about something different, like Community, The Big Bang Theory or even Party Down. Unfortunately, if we see new names, it'll probably be Modern Family and Glee.

There are plenty of actors and writers who are deserving, but rather than name names I think I'll hold off till I see what the Academy does.

2 Comments:

Blogger New England Guy said...

Just saw the noms- hey I've at least 20% of these shows.

Nurse Jackie was a comedy?- they really should have tried to make that explicit

I hope Conan wins even though I opted for Letterman and never saw any of Conan on Tonight (instant wisdom- if you like that kind of ironic outsider comedy, Letterman does it better whereas Leno appeals to the more comfortable traditional older set). Colbert winning would be fine too- A pure hulu-driven race

8:55 AM, July 08, 2010  
Blogger LAGuy said...

My comments will be up tomorrow.

11:22 AM, July 08, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter