Sunday, October 31, 2010

Horrors

I finally watched "The Rocky Horror Glee Show."  I don't regularly watch Glee, but being a big fan of Rocky Horror, I figured I'd catch it.

The story itself--about how the kids are putting on Rocky Horror--was pretty weak, and the motivations too convenient.  But it was fun to see new versions of all those numbers that are ingrained in me.  The show didn't mess with the songs too much, giving them a slightly different spin (and cleaning up the lyrics--"transsexual" becomes "sinsational" and "heavy petting" becomes "heavy sweating"), but just hearing them done by someone else was intriguing.

So I was surprised to see Glee-watcher Todd VanDerWerff at The A.V. Club give the episode an F and call it their worst show ever.  Apparently he's into the drama of the show, which I didn't know anyone took seriously.   And Matt Zoller Seitz at The House Next Door ranted the show played it too safe.  For me, it was the most enjoyable thing they've ever done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter