Friday, July 29, 2011

The Game That Never Ends

According to HBO, Game Of Thrones will continue as long as George R. R. Martin keeps writing books about that world.  I can't say this is good news.  In fact, here's what I wrote a couple months ago:

There's obviously far too much going on for the whole story to be tied up in a bow in tonight's finale, so does that mean they'll do every novel in the series? I guess that's the idea. I haven't read the books, or played the games, but does HBO plan to have an end to this epic, or will it go on as long as people watch? I'd certainly prefer the former.

There are a lot of separate forces in the show, each with its own power and its own weaknesses.  It'll take a long time to work it all out.  But I'd at least like a promise that there'll eventually be some resolution.  Instead, it looks like the warriors will keep repositioning themselves until Martin or the viewers get tired.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well there are plenty of young starlets who have not had the opportunity to bare their chests and bums in this series (though there are not as many as there used to be), so as long as the supply holds steady, my guess is that the series continues.

Editorial comment by the secret-word generating computer?

"reamism"

8:29 AM, July 29, 2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter