Thursday, October 13, 2011

Enlighten Me

Premium cable can take chances with their original programming.  It pays off with a lot of their hours, but rarely with their half-hours.  Sure, I'm a fan of Curb Your Enthusiasm and I loved Party Down, but almost every other title in this category is fair to poor.

Add to that sad list Enlightened, a new comedy (I believe) on HBO starring Laura Dern.  She created it with Mike White, who also wrote and directed the pilot.  The concept, such as it is, is executive Amy Jellicoe has a nervous breakdown, goes to rehab, and returns believing she's better, though many former acquaintances aren't too pleased with her reappearance. It also features Diane Ladd, Luke Wilson and Amy Hill.

The situation could work, I suppose, both dramatically and comedically, but, so far, Dern's character is just annoying, and the rest don't add up to much.  Not sure if I'll give it another chance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter