Friday, April 27, 2012

January In April or All Bets Are Off

Larchmont Village is around the corner from where I live.  It's a charming block of cafes and boutiques, on Larchmont between Beverly and Third.

One of the features of life in LA is you sometimes see celebrities.  But one thing I'd never seen, outside red carpet events, is paparazzi.  Yet there I was, yesterday, walking down Larchmont when I noticed five men with cameras standing around.  Then a blonde came out of a building pushing a baby carriage and they jumped up and started shooting.  She put the baby in the car as they were snapping away.  She pulled out and I bet she had to be careful not to run any of them over.

It was January Jones, of Mad Men fame.  Someone--who would do such a thing?--must have tipped them off.  What impressed me most was how she acted as if they didn't exist.  I guess she gets it everywhere she goes. (When it stops is when you worry.)

I'm not sure why they were so interested, though I guess a lot of sheets will pay money for Jones with her child.  She gave birth last year and apparently hasn't yet revealed the identity of the father.  Still, what a way to make a living. On both sides.

By the way, without the hair, makeup, etc., she doesn't look much like Betty Draper. I probably wouldn't have noticed her if not for the photographers.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too bad she was careful not to run them over

4:03 AM, April 27, 2012  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've run into paparazzi in Ann Arbor. When they were shooting movies round here, I was arriving on the top level of a parking structure when I came across a couple of creeps with extremely long lenses trained on a hotel window. Forget who they were trying to get. What were the odds she'd keep her hotel curtains open? I imagine only if she needed the publicity...

6:50 AM, April 27, 2012  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least you knew, being in Los Angeles, that you were seeing the best paparazzi in the world, which would make them the worst paparazzi in the world.

9:04 AM, April 27, 2012  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does she have any actual personality? The Draper character has to be about the most empty thing I've ever seen. If she does have a personality, then give that woman an Oscar, even if it is only television.

8:34 AM, April 28, 2012  
Blogger LAGuy said...

It's hard to discern any personality in someone who's walking down the street and putting her baby in a car.

9:32 AM, April 28, 2012  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter