Saturday, February 02, 2013

Extension

There's an old joke about a doctor who gives a patient a year to live.  The patient says he can't pay, so the doctor gives him another six months.

That's how I felt when I read this:

New estimates from a Norwegian research project show meeting targets for minimizing global warming may be more achievable than previously thought. After the planet’s average surface temperature rose through the 1990s, the increase has almost leveled off at the level of 2000, while ocean water temperature has also stabilized, the Research Council of Norway said in a statement on its website.

I have no idea if this is correct, but I know about a decade ago people were saying if we don't do something big in ten years, it'll be too late.  Since then, I've been waiting for us to hit that tipping point, so even though we'd be doomed, at least we could do what we want. It's quite disappointing to find out they'll keep extending the deadline until we do what they say.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are generally short phrase loans that do give you meet your fiscal matters
inside a preferred precise time period. Contemplating time limitations
these loans are particularly designed above an obligation absolutely free
platform. As such, these are kept completely free
from credential checksums. Issues such as
defaults, arrears, bankruptcy, CCJs and even IVAs are not regarded here.
Further, there are also no collaterals related with these loans.
There is minimal paper work expected on the aspect of borrower.
There are also no hidden or extra documentation or faxing required here.
Applying for these loans is also incredibly handy. People
only require filling an internet form and as soon as this gets authorized cash is received
within 24 hours time frame. These loans are usually provided below convenient terms
and conditions. The common standard applicant criteria here is that they should
certainly be a UK resident and of 18 years of age.
Look at my web page ; http://mydepression.org/pg/profile/CPAGladys

4:04 AM, February 02, 2013  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah smoked for years and I ain't dead yet either

7:02 AM, February 02, 2013  
Blogger LAGuy said...

If someone told me if you don't quit smoking by the time you're forty, you're gonna died and there's no hope you can save yourself, I wouldn't like it, but at least I'd know when I'm forty it's hopeless so I could continue smoking. It would be a dirty trickk at that point to tell me if I stop smoking I might still save myself.

12:13 PM, February 02, 2013  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter