Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Live from The Conclave

I swear this is not from the Daily Currant, The Onion or Breitbart

And in a bizarre twist, basketball star Dennis Rodman is expected to arrive in St. Peter’s Square on Wednesday in a makeshift popemobile as he campaigns for Cardinal Peter Turkson of Ghana to become the church’s first black pope.
 
After seeing him suck up to Kim Jong Un, George Stephanopoulos and Donald Trump last week-end, I didn't think Dennis could top his successive lows.   BTW, I checked out a local sports pub- some 25 years later, they are still serving the Rodman Sandwich (though it may have been named the Laimbeer or Piston at one point)- all turkey.

PS- my money is on Cardinal Toppo.  The name seems to be divine guidance. 

6 Comments:

Anonymous Denver Guy said...

How long will the conclave last? Best guess?

11:32 AM, March 12, 2013  
Blogger New England Guy said...

Well with the Italian cuisine (although it is Lent), sunny weather & all , I can see them dragging it out for a bit. But they need a new Pope for the Easter season so I would say about a week from now-

12:31 PM, March 12, 2013  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It'd be faster but the Sequester slowed things down.

1:01 PM, March 12, 2013  
Blogger New England Guy said...

Its too bad baseball season hasn't started yet. With the NY and Boston Cardinals both papabile, it would be an interesting slant on the rivalry. I'm pretty sure we could get a "Dolan sucks" chant going in the Fenway bleachers.

1:22 PM, March 12, 2013  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lighten up Francis

1:33 PM, March 13, 2013  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any of you homos touch my Pope hat...and I'll kill ya.

3:11 PM, March 13, 2013  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter