Sunday, April 14, 2013

You Got Me

There aren't too many new shows I like to watch on Monday. Or Tuesday, for that matter.  Which is why it's nice to get MeTV.  Here's their schedule every weeknight:

7:00 - M*A*S*H
7:30 - M*A*S*H
8:00 - Bewitched
8:30 - I Dream Of Jeannie
9:00 - The Mary Tyler Moore Show
9:30 - The Bob Newhart Show
10:00 - The Odd Couple
10:30 - The Dick Van Dyke Show
11:00 - The Twilight Zone

I've seen just about every episode of these shows, but it's nice to know I've got, for the most part, classic back-up any hour during prime time.

On the other hand, do I really need yet another excuse to watch more TV?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

They colorized Dick Van Dyke?

5:04 AM, April 14, 2013  
Blogger LAGuy said...

I intentionally chose a color photo of the Dick Van Dyke set since they're rare and we never get to see it that way on the show.

12:36 PM, April 14, 2013  
Anonymous den said...

I would like to see Dick Van Dyke colorized. Since I was alive (though very young) when this first aired, it would feel more like something I lived through and might remember. I Love Lucy always feels like watching an artifact, like The Honeymooners.

Also, I'm DVRing Mary Tyler Moore on Tuesdays now, since they moved "Go On" to a time I can't watch or record (conflicts with Person of Interest). They are showing later epidoses that I have not seen in a long time, if ever, so it's a lot of fun!

8:57 AM, April 15, 2013  
Blogger LAGuy said...

I was talking to a film buff recently who said colorization is an abomination, but there are a few old movies that take place outdoors that actually might be improved.

No need to colorize Dick Van Dyke, works fine as it is (and even in color would still be an artifiact), but we almost got it anyway--the show could have had another season, which would have been in color, but decided to go out on top. Oh well. It would have been fun to see what colorful costumes they'd have given to Mary Tyler Moore.

10:10 AM, April 15, 2013  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter