Friday, October 11, 2013

In A Pickle

I wonder how many times I've ordered a sandwich and asked them to hold the pickle.  I've got nothing against the occasional pickle by itself, or even on the side at a deli.  But honestly, I can't think of a single sandwich that's improved by a pickle.

It's one of those things, like salt and pepper being the two spices on every table, and ketchup and mustard the two condiments.  For some reason, a whole bunch of sandwiches automatically come with a pickle.  Lettuce and tomato I can sort of understand, but a pickle just gets in the way.

I don't mean to offend the pickle manufacturers guild, or whomever.  Growing up I even knew a girl quite well whose father worked at a pickle factory, and she often wore shirts with pictures of pickles on them.  I'd just prefer pickles not be automatic so I have to opt out.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What did you do? Borrow Cass Sunstein's computer?

12:47 AM, October 11, 2013  
Anonymous Anonymous said...


No- in that case, there would be an argument to supplant the pickle nudge with nutritious tofu. (Which actually isn't a bad idea- it would taste good and make the crazies even crazier)

1:54 PM, October 11, 2013  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter