Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Key Decision

I like to travel light.  I only have six keys I carry. I think that's on the low side. I've seen people with ten or more--who didn't have janitorial duties.

But even with six, I'd like to cut down.  I note I have one key, had it for twenty years, that I never use.  This is because I've forgotten what it's for. I'm strongly tempted to take it off the key chain.  But I fear as soon as I do, I'll think "oh yeah, that was for the safe deposit box where I store my millions."

So it's still there. But maybe the statute of limitations has run out.

PS  I can't remember the last time I went to a hotel and got an old-fashioned key.  In this brave new world, is it time to give them up? That would be great. Keys as we've had them are clunky and inconvenient.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It'll be great, until they figure out at the next government shut down that they can turn off your access to everything.

Sort of like how they figured out how they could spend trillions in deficits. Not quite sure why they don't try quadrillions . . . or maybe they are.

12:45 AM, October 08, 2013  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes because the key comment was a veiled signal to launch onto the current lefty-righty budget negotiations because those arguments are truly the foundation upon the human condition, no, the universe, is built.

Keys destroy pockets and in bunches cause upper thigh skin irritation (for those who carry them in their front pants pocket)- time technology sent keys to the same place television knobs went.

5:54 AM, October 08, 2013  
Anonymous Denver Guy said...

Keys put holes in the back pockets of my pants. Would be glad to see them phased out. Passwords too. I want voice/face/handprint recognition and I want it now.

7:30 AM, October 08, 2013  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you crazy? Thieves will cut out your voice to access your empty ATM . . . which has nothing in it because of the government shut down!

Ha! Everything IS based on Boehner and quarks!

(Shouldn't ATMs be disappearing pretty soon?)

4:00 AM, October 09, 2013  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter