Monday, April 28, 2014

Off The Cliff

I don't get out to Pasadena that often--maybe every few months.  It's a nice place, but a bit of a hike.  Anyway, I was there over the weekend and stopped in Vroman's, one of the best independent bookstores around--of course, most of them that were here when I moved to L.A. are now gone. But then, even top chains have been closing, so what can you expect?

Afterwards, I walked over the Cliff's Books, just a block away.  When I first moved here, I discovered it by chance and thought it was the best used bookstore I'd ever seen.  Quite a bit of my collection comes from there--a huge selection and very reasonable prices.  And it was opened till midnight every day.

So imagine my horror when I discovered it had closed.  I guess used bookstores are closing just like new ones.  In fact, the place was all but giving their inventory away and I missed it.

So goodbye, Cliff's.  The world has move on, but I promise I won't forget.

1 Comments:

Blogger ColumbusGuy said...

Columbus has a truly wonderful shop, Wickliff's. She's moved locations once in my time and seems to thrive at the newer location (it used to be on my same block).

But I use thrive advisedly. I don't expect her to operate forever by any means.

1:21 PM, April 28, 2014  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter