Sunday, May 04, 2014

Wonder if companies would support the Affordable Wage Act, too?

While I suppose I know it, I cannot accept that anyone with an IQ failed to see this from the get go:

The idea that employers were going to spend an additional 30 percent, 100 percent or even an order of magnitude more on a major expense because . . . well, just because Obama needed to say so, I guess. (Although I do have to admit, I'm delighted to see the category of "government costs." That was a close one. But for that employees would have to bear it.)

I begin to fear I'll never live to see the repeal of the 17th Amendment.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not sure what your point is. If this chart is correct, it means the ACA is designed to force everyone onto government health care. I think we already get that. The question is why is that a bad thing?

10:59 AM, May 04, 2014  
Blogger ColumbusGuy said...

All sorts of reasons. They said it *wasn't* designed to do that, to begin with, but quite obviously it was, and apparently you agree.

As to why it's a bad thing, if you can't articulate it yourself, I'm not sure it's worth articulating to you. Of course it's normative. If your goal is something other than widespread liberty and prosperity--and I suppose for most people it in fact is--then nearly by definition it's a good thing.

Just don't spend any time saying it's to improve, generally, health outcomes or financing.

11:24 AM, May 04, 2014  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clash of ideologues. Sound and Fury Signifying Nothing. Tales Told By Idiots, etc...

6:32 AM, May 05, 2014  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter