Wednesday, December 31, 2014

EH

Edward Herrmann has died.  A sad way to end the year.  I'm surprised at how The Hollywood Reporter sees him: "an Emmy winner best known for his work on The Gilmore Girls."

When I think of Herrmann I think of his great supporting work over the years in many movies--The Paper Chase, The Purple Rose Of Cairo, The Lost Boys, Overboard--not to mention his Emmy-nominated guest shots on St. Elsewhere and his Emmy win for The Practice.  Above all there's his portrayal of FDR on TV that got him tremendous attention as well as two Emmy nominations.

So The Gilmore Girls?  I don't know.

Here's a taste of him as Robot Pimp.

2 Comments:

Blogger ColumbusGuy said...

There was another notable death a day or two ago but now I can't remember who it was--not that notable, I guess. I'm thinking not entertainment.

6:43 AM, January 01, 2015  
Blogger ColumbusGuy said...

A quick search and I came up with bupkiss. However, I did find that Rhodes Reason, brother of Rex Reason, passed away. He had been cast as Black Jack on "Frontier Doctor." I salute his parents.

Which leads me to wonder whether it's time to cast Jack Black as Black Jack.

7:00 AM, January 01, 2015  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter