Sunday, February 19, 2017

NB

Over the past decade or so, the Howard Stern show has become more mainstream.  He used to interview third-rate celebrities and make fun of the big names, but now he gets the big names (and tends to fawn over them).

But one thing that hasn't changed--the Wack Pack.  They're a group of people who regularly call in, and are a bit off.  Some are honored to be members in good standing of the Wack Pack, while some don't like it at all.

Lately, membership seems to be hazardous.  I believe five Wack Packers have died in the last few years. (Not entirely surprising, as the Wack Pack, in general, don't seem to take good care of themselves.) In fact, the Stern crew has started a death pool--though some feel bad about it.

I remember when audience favorite Eric the Actor died at 39 a couple years ago.  I felt like I almost knew him, and it was a shock. (To be fair to Eric, he had genetic problems and was not expected to live a long life.)

And now Nicole Bass has died, only 52.  She was not quite the "celebrity" that Eric was among Stern fans, but was certainly a mainstay.  I remember first seeing her on a Howard Stern TV special in the 90s.  There was a beauty pageant, and on parade was this person who looked like a large, muscular man.

Turned out Nicole was a wrestler and one of the top female bodybuilders in the world.  I admit I had my doubts, but according to sources at the Stern show, they checked her out and she was born a female.

So goodbye Nicole.  When certain celebrities die, I sometimes think it's too bad I never met them, but if I'd ever met Nicole Bass, I don't know what I would have done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter