Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Projections

Here's a local scandal.  You've probably not heard about it, but it's affecting me personally, so I thought I'd write about it.

The scandal is about Cinefamily.  This is the Los Angeles film society (of which I have a membership card) that shows rare films, old and new.  It's located at the old Silent Movie Theatre* on Fairfax.

Turns out its leader, who often introduces the movies, is accused of sexual harassment.  And a vice president of the board of directors seem to have done something worse.  They've both left Cinefamily.

They also have suspended all activities.  I hope they resolve their issues and start programming again soon.  Until then, I'll probably hang out more at the New Beverly, just down the block.  It's owned by Quentin Tarantino and mostly shows old films (only on film, no video).

*Back when they showed Silent Movies, the guy who ran the place was shot dead by his lover at the theatre.  I was going to attend that night but was too busy.

1 Comments:

Blogger ColumbusGuy said...

Shades of Harvey Milk. Los Angeles should adopt common sense gun laws.

Quite the drama there, for a post you nearly didn't post.

1:49 AM, August 30, 2017  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter