Sunday, January 14, 2018

Silver Lining

I recently read Susan Silver's memoir Hot Pants In Hollywood.  I was particularly interested in finding out about the several fine scripts she wrote for The Mary Tyler Moore Show.

The TV stuff in general is fun, and I wish it were more of the book.  However, she spends as much time on her relations with men, not to mention a fair amount on her politics and her health.  Hey, it's her life, and her book.  But would anyone be reading it if she didn't have those TV credits?

The book came out last year, and she had time to put in a story about an unpleasant encounter with Bill Cosby.  But it didn't come out so recently that she had a Harvey Weinstein story.  She does mention him, though:

....I made some good suggestions [on a movie project] to Harvey Weinstein, who for some reason didn't scare me as he does so many others.

I wonder if that's all she'd have said if she were writing the book today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter