Sunday, March 03, 2019

Bested

There have been a lot of people whining that Green Book didn't deserve to win the Oscar for Best Picture.  It didn't bother me--Green Book was certainly better than most of the other films on the list, at least half of which were seriously flawed.

But who got the idea that the Oscars were about picking the best film?  It's rare enough they even pick a good film.  I just looked at a list of all the winners and here are my stats.

Great films to win the Best Picture Oscar: 8

Good films to win the Best Picture Oscar: 23

Okay films to win the Best Picture Oscar: 38

Bad film to win the Best Picture Oscar: 22

I apologize that I don't list the titles--I'm just giving an overview.  I might change my mind on a few if I saw them again, but the basic numbers wouldn't change much.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Lawrence King said...

Did you post that picture because, after stating that 22 lousy films have won Best Picture, you expected your audience to reply, "I'm shocked! Shocked!" ?

11:07 PM, March 03, 2019  
Blogger LAGuy said...

That's a good one. I hadn't thought of it.

By the way, I do consider Casablanca to be one of the 8 great films to win Best Picture.

12:28 AM, March 04, 2019  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter