Thursday, March 07, 2019

Go Phish

I recently got a call from an automated voice offering me money.  Apparently, I'd paid some computer people money in the past and they were going out of business so there was a refund waiting for me.  What computer people?  You know, the people who run Apple and Windows, those sort of people.

The weird thing was they gave me a phone number to call. Usually when I get scam calls it's from people who are willing to cheat me right then and there.  But these guys were lazier.  They actually wanted me to call a (toll free) number so they could steal from me.

I admit I was tempted to call just to see how it works.  I assume they would want me to send them personal information so they could ascertain I was the guy who was due a refund.

But however it was supposed to work, let me send out notice: I'm lazy myself.  If you want to rip me off, don't ask me to do the heavy lifting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter