Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Sprung

It's the first day of Spring.  Some say the first day is tomorrow, but I have it on good authority (a web page from the Farmer's Almanac) that it's today.

Not a moment too soon.  I don't know what it's been like for you, but this has been the coldest winter I can remember in Los Angeles.  There was barely a day over 70, and it regularly got down to the 40s at night. It was also one of the rainiest.  What's great about L.A. is it's a warm place that generally doesn't get too hot and, while it cools down at night, doesn't get too cold. (It's also not humid.) However, things were about ten degrees too low on average these past few months.

I was raised in Michigan, so I know what cold is like.  But you get used to good weather.  In fact, I've wondered if I could ever move back.  I still take trips back home, but I avoid going there during the coldest months.  So Spring means one more thing--I can starting planning to visit to the Midwest again.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Lawrence King said...

You live in the heart of the city, so there's no upside to rain for you. But out here, the hills of the West Valley, Calabasas, Agoura, Thousand Oaks, and all the canyons have been bright green for two straight months.

I have no doubt that they'll return to their usual light brown by July, and once again the only green in Los Angeles County will be plots irrigated by sprinklers. But for now I'm very grateful for the rain.

6:08 PM, March 21, 2019  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter