Saturday, May 11, 2019

In The Arena or Til Tuesday

The Arena Cinelounge, just up the block from where I live, is a unique movie house.  There are numerous art houses in town that show indie films, but the Arena Cinelounge alone, as far as I can tell, shows indie indie films--stuff you can't see anywhere else, with microbudgets starring actors you've never heard of.

The Cinelounge had this deal where tickets were half off on Tuesdays.  I'd guess Tuesday is the worst night of the week for movie-going, so why not?  However, last time I went on Tuesday, the tickets were full price.

I usually see bigger name films on weekends, so the Tuesday deal was pretty good for me.  I mostly stay home on weeknights, but If I could get away, I'd take a chance and check out something that could be disastrously bad or fairly interesting.

But now--sorry Cinelounge--I don't think I'll be dropping by nearly as often.  I realize, based on how empty the arena was most Tuesdays, that this change in policy won't have much effect on receipts.  Still, we had a good thing going.  You had me, and now you lost me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter