Sunday, August 25, 2019

Stars On 44

The Obamas just released a playlist of 44 songs they're listening to this summer.  I'm not sure what the point is, but I must say it's pretty eclectic and pretty good.  I admit I prefer the older songs.  Among my favorites:

--"I'll Be Around" by The Spinners

--"Reelin' In The Years" by Steely Dan

--"Don't You Worry 'Bout A Thing" by Stevie Wonder

--"I've Got You Under My Skin" by Frank Sinatra

--"Drift Away" by Dobie Gray

--"Brown Eyed Girl" by Van Morrison

--"Happy" by The Rolling Stones

--"Get Together" by The Youngbloods

I wonder how much this will increase the sampling rate of these tunes?  If it makes a big difference, next thing you know labels and artists will be calling up the Obamas and suggesting new titles.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I can't distinguish them from Oprah, so look for millions of plays.

4:13 PM, August 25, 2019  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You get a play, and you get a play, and you get a play, and you get a play!

4:36 PM, August 25, 2019  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter