Friday, August 09, 2019

Turn The Page

Today is National Book Lovers Day and why not? ("National," though I believe it's celebrated around the world.)

Is there anything better than a book?  I like movies, plays, recordings, etc., but if I could only have one thing, it'd be a book.  Being gripped by a book is more exciting than any other vicarious experience.  Some books are so fascinating you read them slowly so they won't end as soon.

I've got a lot of bookcases around me, and quite a few more in storage.  I refuse to throw out any of my old books.  Who knows when I'll want to read them again?

In fact, I had so many books, a few years ago I decided to only read books from the library.  Then came the Kindle.  I still prefer to read a real book when I'm at home, but when you're on vacation, there's no comparison.

Though are eBooks included on Book Lovers Day?  There was a time they were considered almost heretical to book lovers, but I suppose pretty soon they'll be the only thing available.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter