Saturday, November 23, 2019

Nothing To Cheer About

I just heard that Yahoo! is closing down its groups.  If I read the article right, the groups have already been closed down, in fact, and all their content will be removed on December 14th.

This is a sad day for Yahoo! fans.  At least it is for me.  Yahoo! has been a major website for a lot of reasons, I guess, but the only reason I ever go to it is to check into groups that share interests with me (such as ones on silent comedy and sitcoms).  There's really nothing else there that interests me that I can't get elsewhere.

I don't know how much trouble it is for the website to maintain its groups, but that's all I use it for.  Once they're gone, I'm gone.  So I guess Yahoo! has decided it doesn't need me.  So long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter