Saturday, October 17, 2020

Good News

When I lived in Chicago, every Thursday night I'd get some Harold's Chicken for dinner. Once a week was enough--any more would have killed me.  My favorite meal was a quarter white with mild sauce (yeah, I'm a wimp).

Harold's Chicken Shack was my favorite fried chicken. There were locations all over Chicago, especially the South Side.  But what I didn't know until last week is there's one in Los Angeles!

It's on Hollywood Boulevard, right up the street from me.  If it weren't for the pandemic, I would have dropped in immediately.  Now I think I'll have it delivered.  I hope there wasn't anything special about Chicago that made it taste better there.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Denver Guy said...

Giordano's opened up in Denver about a year ago! I doubt there's a Harold's, but I'm crossing my fingers!

6:28 PM, October 18, 2020  
Blogger LAGuy said...

Sorry, but I never really went for deep dish pizza.

7:10 PM, October 18, 2020  
Anonymous Denver Guy said...

There is a place in Denver that claims they serve Detroit style pizza. Haven't tried it, but what would that be?

7:54 AM, October 19, 2020  
Blogger LAGuy said...

I believe that means square, Sicilian style pizza. It's pretty common in Detroit. The fast-growing franchise Jet's Pizza is an example. Unfortunately, Jet's hasn't made it out to Los Angeles yet.

9:43 AM, October 19, 2020  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter