Thursday, August 18, 2005

The heart of it all

Clipping cartoons quickly becomes a fool's game that will fill your shoebox to the hilt. But today's Frank and Ernest rises above the crowd. No doubt it's intended mostly or even strictly for a laugh or sardonic comment, but it gets the free market exactly right.



UPDATE: Hey, I wonder if I can make Taranto's Metaphor Alert? "a fool's game . . . to the hilt . . . rises above the crowd . . . I probably need at least one more. How about, "I have something up my sleeve, but it hasn't quite jelled yet."

LAGuy Notes: How'd you get the picture in so clean?

Anyway, speaking of mixed metaphors, I'm reminded of an old friend who used to talk about (ironically) "the far-reaching tentacles of the capitalists pig-dogs."

ColumbusGuy Tech Support: It's quite easy. Blogger supports images now (I think this was added after your Piss Christ adventure--indeed, why don't we just assume in response to it?). In my case, I saved the image so I knew precisely where it was, then you click the picture icon in the dashboard, just the way you would click the link icon. It gives you a window to guide the image upload, and the choice of doing so by browsing (presumably on your machine) for the image or by providing the direct url.

Unfortunately, blogger does not yet support pdf files. Their tech support did provide a nice suggested workaround, although I haven't pursued it yet (does anyone know an easy and cheap way to generate pdf files from scanned images and from text documents? Am I bound to buy an expensive Acrobat program?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter