Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Whole Foods Does It Again

I've written before that cashiers at Whole Foods don't know how to stack the bag properly when I buy dinner there. (Part of their "Core Values": "We satisfy and delight our customers.")

I had a plastic container of salad, and a same-sized plastic container of hot food. Now I want the cold on at the bottom of the bag because heat rises. I have to drive back home through cold weather for about fifteen minutes. By the time I return, the hot food will have cooled and the salad will be considerably warmer.

So I gave the cashier the salad first, so just by chance she'd put it in the bag first. She weighed it--one pound. Then she weighed the hot food--half a pound. So putting the hot food on the bottom would also make the bag unstable.

Didn't matter. She put the hot food on the bottom, and I got cooled mashed potatoes and warmed iceberg lettuce.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter