Saturday, September 16, 2006

Why Not Throw In Hitler?

I'm looking forward to seeing The U.S. vs. John Lennon but there's one thing I don't get. The TV ad features Gore Vidal saying Lennnon was about life while Nixon and Bush are about death.

I know Vidal has long since gone 'round the bend when it comes to politics, but am I missing something? Since when does George Bush have anything to do with the attempt to deport John Lennon? (Let's not even get into which side in today's fight is about death.)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

During the 2000 campaign, Bush was asked about his musical tastes. As I recall, he said he prefers country music, and that "I liked the early Beatles, before they became all weird and psychedelic."

Ergo, he deported John Lennon. And he probably bombed the World Trade Center too, I hear.

9:23 PM, September 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter