Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Factory Film Festival

I think I'll go see Factory Girl. The reviews have been terrible, but I'm fascinated by screen portayals of Andy Warhol. I'd like to see what Guy Pearce does with the role. Hey, why don't we have a Factory Film Festival, where we can catch several actors playing the part?

First, The Doors, with a creepy Crispin Glover. (The message of the film seems to be go do drugs with your cool LA friends in the desert, not with those nasty vampires in New York.)

Next, Jared Harris, the most butch of the bunch, in I Shot Andy Warhol.

Then a fey David Bowie (who knew the original?) in Basquiat.

By the way, in Rex Reed's review of Factory Girl, he states Bob Dylan never did a screen test for Warhol. Yes he did.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your post inspired me to think what current actor/celeb would make a good Andy Warhol (one of Pittsburgh's proud sons) I would have picked Crispin Glover based on his style but whether it was him or the script in The Doors,I can'y buy him now.

On a physical basis, my non-traditional choices would be Richard Belzer or Ben Stiller would be an intereting choice, or the guy who played Gunther in Friends or director Peter Sellars (is he still alive?). Of course if the indutry were making a blockbuster about Andy, they's probably like one of the Toms or the Brokeback dudes

4:54 AM, February 14, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like ColumbusGuy, sometimes I'm too busy to sign in to the new Google system.

I'm not sure if I buy Belzer or Stiller or even Gunther (James Michael Tyler). They all seem earthbound and real. To me, if you're gonna play Warhol, you have to feel otherworldly. It's also good if you seem asexual.

Peter Sellars is still around, and I can see the resemblance. Too bad he's not an actor.

2:08 PM, February 14, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now, shame on you, anonymous LAGuy. It's obvious anonymous was talking about George Lazenby, not Peter Sellars.

SWMBCg, etc.

10:02 AM, February 15, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, I love it! Virtual reality loop! This is the real SWMBCg, etc., unlike this imposter SWMBCg, etc.

Turing Test, anyone?

7:29 AM, February 18, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter