Sunday, August 12, 2007

Plugola

In the past couple weeks, your man about LA has been enjoying the local art scene.

First I attended the latest opening at my favorite salon, Wax Poetic, where the beauty of art and the art of beauty mix. It's a lively display by two artists, Sam Brown and Andrew Bell, that they call Progress.

If you're in LA and want to see some cool paintings, or have hair ripped from your body, this is the place to go.

Later I went to Secret Headquarters to see a display of Peter Bagge's work. I think for the past couple decades no one has done better work in comics than Bagge. He has a bunch of collections available, and I suggest you check them out, especially his Buddy Bradley stuff.

I talked to Bagge a bit about pitching ideas in Los Angeles. Plenty of other guys in his field have done well in TV and movies, and I'd love to see something he put together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter