Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Not Tonight Hon, I'm watching "You've Got Mail"

According to researchers, British researchers no less, watching romantic comedies can ruin your love life .

Well, I have to take off my hat to them for getting funding for that but what's next?- a study about the physical fitness of action movie fans?

Isn't that the whole idea of movies (or one of them)- escape into something you are not. I.e. the audience picks what appeals to it. LA Guy is the movie biz expert around here but I'm willing to bet movie producers appeal to conventional preferences because that tends to be what sells.

2 Comments:

Blogger LAGuy said...

It's not just movie producers. The romantic comedy that creates unreasonable expectations through impossibly happy endings predates movies by a few thousand years.

2:31 PM, December 16, 2008  
Blogger VermontGuy said...

Unrealistic expectations? Yeah, I had that same problem after watching Deep Throat. Go figure.

3:39 PM, December 16, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter